If you are a current student, log into your online Cougar Tracks account to check your registration status today. If you are a new student, please call (661) 763-7748 now to speak with a counselor about what courses are right for you.
Student Wireless Network
To log into Taft College’s wireless network, enter your A Number for the User ID and your Password is your first initial capitalized followed by your last name initial and the last 6 numbers of your A Number.
Example: Student Tom Jones with an A Number of A0002005 would use A0002005 for the User ID and Tj002005 for the Password.
- Fall 2021 Payment Reminder May 17, 2021
The California Legislature has set community college enrollment fees statewide at $46.00 per unit. All other fees are subject to change without notice. Please consult the fee schedule as published in each semester’s Schedule of Classes for current fees. Financial responsibility is placed upon the student once he/she enrolls in semester units at Taft College. It is the student’s responsibility to ensure fees are paid at the time of enrollment or by the due date specified for each semester.
If financial obligation is not met by the stated deadline, the student may be dropped
from classes. Courses not dropped by the deadline will incur fees.
Students who are pre-registering must pay their enrollment fees
or secure financial aid by the following date: Fall 2021 Semester – August 04, 2021Continue reading →
Students may be dropped from units in which they are enrolled if fees have not been paid, if financial aid has not been established, or if a payment plan has not been initiated by 4:00pm on the deadline specified above.
DO NOT ASSUME NON-ATTENDANCE WILL RESULT IN AN AUTOMATIC REFUND.
Enrollment fees incurred after the payment deadlines established for each semester are due by 4:00pm on the day in which courses are added.
There are two (2) ways to pay your fees:
• Pay online: http://www.taftcollege.edu/
• Pay by phone: 661-763-7713
IMPORTANT REMINDER: Non-attendance in an enrolled course DOES NOT guarantee a student will be dropped from a course or will receive a refund. The student is ultimately liable and deemed responsible for withdrawing from or dropping classes that they will not be attending. IT IS NOT THE RESPONSIBILITY OF THE INSTRUCTOR TO DROP A STUDENT FOR NON-ATTENDANCE.
- CONGRATULATIONS TAFT COLLEGE SCHOLARSHIP RECIPIENTS!! May 11, 2021Continue reading →
With the generous donations from local service clubs, businesses, alumni, friends of the college, college clubs and departments and the Taft College Foundation we awarded a total of $58,950 to 43 amazing Taft College Cougars.
On behalf of the Board of Trustees, faculty, staff, and students we wish to thank those contributors for their generosity.
Scholarship Recipients Announcement 2020.2021
- Attention Cougars! – New Scholarship Opportunity! April 19, 2021Continue reading →
Students who are half way through their degree/certificate program prior to the start of the Fall 2021 semester are encouraged to apply for the 2021-2022 Finish Line Scholars Program, PROMISE TO FINISH SCHOLARSHIP! This scholarship is meant to help our students cross the finish line and complete their program on time!
In addition to having completed at least half of their degree/certificate program requirements, applicants must also:
- Develop a comprehensive education plan with their academic counselor to complete their program within two years
- Maintain full time enrollment (12 or more units) while receiving the scholarship
Students seeking a degree will also need to meet two of the three requirements below:
- Successfully completed a transfer level English class
- Successfully completed a transfer level math class
- Have a 2.5 GPA or higher
Ready to make the PROMISE TO FINISH?
- Emergency Financial Assistance to Low-Income Community College Students April 13, 2021Continue reading →
Senate Bill 85 amends the Budget Act of 2020 by adding one-time local assistance funds which provide funding for students experiencing an emergency financial need.
- Be enrolled in at least 6 units
- Demonstrate an emergency financial need
- Have unmet need (determined by the financial aid office)
- Have been awarded a California College Promise Grant for either the 2020-2021 or 2021-2022 aid year
- Have earned a 2.0 in one of the previous three semesters (students receiving additional support through the DSPS program do not need to meet this requirement)
- In Case You Missed It, View the 2020 Taft College Virtual Commencement Ceremony on YouTube NOW August 24, 2020
Here is your DIRECT LINK to our celebrated, one-of-a-kind 2020 Taft College Virtual Commencement Ceremony: https://youtu.be/dDVxNFdjsgMContinue reading →
Never miss a Taft College video premiere again! Become a SUBSCRIBER to the Taft College West Kern Community College District YouTube channel today.
Heartfelt congratulations to all graduates of the Taft College Class of 2020! You did it. You beat all the odds. We are incredibly proud of what you have accomplished!
- Higher Education Emergency Relief Fund (HEERF) Reporting Disclosure June 4, 2020
The US Department of Education Certification and Agreement directs each institution applying for Higher Education Emergency Relief Funds (HEERF) to comply with Section 18004(e) of the CARES Act and to post the following information 30 days after the date when the institution received its allocation under 18804(a0(1) and updated every 45 days thereafter.
Below is the link to West Kern Community College’s reporting as of 6/4/2020:
Below is the link to West Kern Community College’s reporting as of 8/6/2020
Below is the link to West Kern Community College’s reporting as of 10/28/2020: FINAL REPORT
Below is the link to West Kern Community College’s quarterly expenditure reporting under CARES Act Sections 18004(a)(1) Institutional Portion, 18004(a)(2), and 18004(a)(3)
- Students March 24, 2020Continue reading →
- Since Taft College is closed, we added even more online student services March 20, 2020Continue reading →
Library and Tutoring: The Library and the Tutoring Center are now closed to walk-in students, BUT their services are still available online. Go to their web pages for more information:
Testing Center: The Testing Center is closed until further notice. Students should work directly with their instructors for exam purposes.
Distance Education: The Distance Education office is closed for walk-in students, BUT their services are still available to students. See their web page for more information.
- Taft College offers comprehensive online student services as the college is now closed March 20, 2020Continue reading →
Taft College will continue delivering services online to help our students succeed in their academic and career goals. Please click on the following links below:
The Bookstore’s hours of operation:
Monday – Thursday 8:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
We are moving back on campus in the new Taft College Student Center. Our store will be tentatively closed from June 15th through June 30th .
You may place your textbook and merchandise orders online at bookstore.taftcollege.edu. All orders will be processed and shipped during this time frame.
Monday through Thursday 7:00 a.m. – 4:30 p.m.
Lunch – 11:00 a.m.-1:00 p.m.*
*Masks required for entry