Student Wireless Network
To log into Taft College’s wireless network, enter your A Number for the User ID and your Password is your first initial capitalized followed by your last name initial and the last 6 numbers of your A Number.
Example: Student Tom Jones with an A Number of A0002005 would use A0002005 for the User ID and Tj002005 for the Password.
- Banner downtime announcement 05/29/2020 May 25, 2020
ATTENTION TAFT COLLEGE COMMUNITY
Please note that Banner and Cougar Tracks will be offline for 12 hours on Friday, 5/29/2020 for maintenance. Downtime is scheduled from 7 a.m. to 7 p.m.
A follow-up notification will be sent when Banner is back online.
Getting Help and Additional InformationContinue reading →
Please call or e-mail the Helpdesk with any questions or concerns you may have.
- 2019-2020 Taft College Community Scholarship Program Recipients May 22, 2020
This year local service clubs, businesses, alumni, friends of the college, college clubs and departments and the Taft College Foundation donated $66,150 to our students so they may continue their educational endeavors.Continue reading →
On behalf of the Board of Trustees, faculty, staff and students we thank those contributors for their generosity and continued support of Taft College students.
- 2019-20 commencement ceremony postponed May 18, 2020
Attention graduates: We regret to inform you that the 2019-2020 commencement ceremony that was scheduled on May 22, 2020 has been postponed indefinitely due to the COVID-19 pandemic. We will provide more information as the situation progresses. Please continue to check your email and this webpage for updates. We would like to congratulate you on your accomplishments and hope to be able to host a ceremony in which you can celebrate your success with your loved ones.Continue reading →
- Higher Education Emergency Relief Fund Grant Information, Eligibility and Application. May 11, 2020 Higher Education Emergency Relief Fund Grant Application (HEERF) – The Coronavirus Aid, Relief and Economic Security (CARES) Act includes a Higher Education Emergency Relief Fund (HEERF) which provides emergency funding to higher education. A portion of those funds must go directly to students in the form of emergency financial aid grants for expenses related to the disruption of campus operations due to the COVID-19 crisis. Please follow the link below to view detailed information on the Higher Education Emergency Relief Fund Grants as well as all available financial resources.
- Open registration Summer & Fall 2020 May 11, 2020
Open registration for Summer and Fall 2020 starts Monday, May 11, 2020. Please log in to your Cougar Tracks to register for your classes. If you have any questions, please contact the Counseling Center at (661)-763-7748.Continue reading →
- Drop for Non-payment Deadlines for Summer & Fall 2020 May 4, 2020
To avoid being dropped from your classes, please make sure you pay your fees by the drop deadlines. Please read the Drop For Non-Payment information for Summer and Fall 2020 dates. Sum Fall 2020 Payment Reminder | Instructions to Pay Fees OnlineContinue reading →
- Priority registration for Summer and Fall 2020 has started! April 17, 2020 Continue reading →
Welcome to our Summer and Fall 2020 priority registration. We hope that you are staying healthy and safe to prepare for the coming Summer and Fall 2020 semesters. Please log in to your Cougar Tracks to check your priority registration date and time. If you have any questions, please contact the Counseling Center at (661)-763-7748 or (661) 763-7758.
For information about registration groups and dates, please check the following location.
- STAY WELL, COUGARS! WE ARE ALL HERE FOR YOU! April 15, 2020 Continue reading →
- Withdrawing from Your Classes Due to the COVID-19 Pandemic April 11, 2020 Continue reading →
Taft College students who withdrawal from their course(s) due to the COVID-19 pandemic will be granted an excused withdrawal (noted as “EW” on your transcript). This mark will not affect your academic progress, academic probation, ability to repeat a course, or your GPA. To request an EW for your course(s) please submit this form to Withdraw from Your Course(s) Due to the COVID-19 Pandemic. Please allow up to 2-weeks for the EW to reflect in your CougarTracks.
Some students may have questions about the EW, so we’ve developed a list of frequently asked questions and answers.
For any questions regarding how this will affect your financial aid, please contact Financial Aid. 661.763.7762
For any questions regarding how this will affect your transfer or graduation, please contact Counseling to schedule an appointment. 661.763.7748
Please contact Admissions and Records at 661.763.7756 with any other questions or concerns. We will be happy to assist you.
- Students March 24, 2020 Continue reading →
To AVOID LATE FEES, Spring Textbook Rentals are due back in the Taft College Bookstore by May 27th. Return your Spring Textbook Rentals through inexpensive USPS Media Mail. But, please make sure they are postmarked before May 27th! Thank you, Cougars!
Mail your Spring Textbook Rentals to:
Taft College Bookstore
515 Finley Drive
Taft, CA 93268
Summer 2020 textbook and course materials information will be available on May 11th by visiting bookstore.taftcollege.edu . Be sure to use the code “FREESHIP” for free ground shipping when placing your online order.
Monday through Friday 7 am – 7 pm
Breakfast – 7 am-8:30pm
Lunch – 11 am-1 pm
Dinner – 5 pm-6:30 pm