Microsoft Office Applications: Certificate (Locally Approved Certificate)
The Microsoft Office Applications Certificate Program (Locally Approved Certificate) is designed to recognize a student’s achievement and proficiency with key components of the MS Office Suite, including word processing, spreadsheets, presentation graphics, and databases. Get the most out of the Office! Increase your understanding, speed, and efficiency using programs that are considered as foundational and required in business and corporate offices, organizations, and entrepreneurial endeavors. For those seeking proficiency to create personal or academic projects, enter the workforce, or move up with a promotion in a current career, the skillset acquired in the Microsoft Office Applications Certificate Program is truly an asset.
The Microsoft Office Applications Certificate Program is offered within the Administrative Services Program. At Taft College, students who study Administrative Services can go into a range of careers, including: Data Entry Keyers, Executive Secretaries and Executive Assistants, File Clerks, General Office Clerks, Receptionists, Information Clerks, Typists, and Word Processors, among others. For potential earnings, visit the Associate in Science in Administrative Services page.
Microsoft Office Applications Certificate Program course requirements link. Please note: This link goes to the Taft College Catalog, an external website. Plan to return to the Taft College website.
COSC 1603, COSC 1703: Note: Previous versions of required computer courses taken within four (4) years of certificate completion will be accepted.
Total Credit Hours: 6.0
For More Information
- Academic Division: Career Technical Education
- Administrative Services Program Area
- Administrative Services: Associate in Science
- Administrative Services I: Certificate
- Administrative Services: Certificate of Achievement
- Administrative Services II: Certificate of Achievement
- Management: Certificate of Achievement
- Management: Associate in Science
- Microsoft Office Applications: Certificate
- Visit Meta Majors: Match your interests and career choice to the best academic program.