Early Intervention Assistant 1: Certificate of Achievement
The Early Intervention Assistant 1 Certificate of Achievement assists in providing direct services and conducting observations and assessments of young children (birth through age five) with special needs in a center or home setting. Those who earn an Early Intervention Assistant 1 Certificate of Achievement will work under the direct supervision of an Early Interventionist.
See additional certificate and degree options in the For more information section, below.
Early Intervention Assistant I: Certificate of Achievement course requirements link. Please note: This link and all links for courses, below, go to the Taft College Catalog, an external website. Plan to return to the Taft College website.
|Course Number||Course Name||Credit Hours|
|ECEF 1500||Introduction to Early Care and Education: Principles and Practices||3.0|
|ECEF 1501||Early Care, Education, and Family Studies Curriculum||3.0|
|ECEF 1521||Practicum Field Experience||3.0|
|ECEF 1531||The Child in Family/Community Relationships||3.0|
|ECEF 1581||Introduction to Infant Development Infant, Family, and Society||3.0|
|ECEF 1590||Health, Safety, and Nutrition||3.0|
|PSYC 2003||Child Growth and Development||3.0|
Required Specialization Courses
For More Information
- Child Development Associate Teacher: Certificate of Achievement
- Child Development Assistant Teacher: Certificate
- Direct Support Education: Associate in Science
- Direct Support Education: Certificate of Achievement
- Disability Services: Associate in Science
- Early Childhood Education for Transfer: Associate in Arts
- Early Care, Education, and Family Studies: Associate in Science
- Early Care, Education, and Family Studies: Certificate of Achievement
- Early Intervention Assistant I: Certificate of Achievement
- Early Intervention Assistant II: Certificate of Achievement
- Elementary Teacher Education for Transfer: Associate in Arts
- Master Teacher: Certificate of Achievement
- Teacher: Certificate of Achievement
- Visit Meta Majors: Match your interests and career choice to the best academic program.
All links below go to external webpages on the Taft College Catalog website.
- Child Development Permit Matrix-with Alternative Qualification Options Indicated
- Specific Course Numbers at CAP Aligned Colleges