Child Development Associate Teacher Certificate of Achievement
The Child Development Associate Teacher Certificate of Achievement may be earned by students who satisfactorily complete the 12 units of coursework listed below with a grade of “C” or better. Successful completion of the coursework and work experience meets the requirements of the Child Development Associate Teacher Permit as outlined in the Child Development Matrix, which is linked, below.
Child Development Associate Teacher Certificate of Achievement course requirements link. Please note: This link and all links for courses, below, go to the Taft College Catalog, an external website.
PSYC 2003, ECEF 1501, ECEF 1590, ECEF 1531: Students may take the transferable or non-transferable version of the course. To receive an Associate Teacher Permit from the California Commission on Teacher Credentialing, a student must also complete 50 days of three or more hours of experience within two years.
For More Information
- Academic Division: Business, Arts, and Humanities
- Child Development Associate Teacher: Certificate of Achievement
- Child Development Assistant Teacher: Certificate
- Early Childhood Education: Degree for Transfer
- Early Care, Education, and Family Studies: Associate in Science Degree
- Early Care, Education, and Family Studies: Certificate of Achievement
- Early Intervention Assistant I: Certificate of Achievement
- Early Intervention Assistant II: Certificate of Achievement
- Elementary Teacher Education: Degree for Transfer
- Master Teacher: Certificate of Achievement
- Teacher: Certificate of Achievement
- Visit Meta Majors: Match your interests and career choice to the best academic program.
All links below go to external webpages on the Taft College Catalog website.