Teacher: Certificate of Achievement
The Teacher Certificate curriculum provides a foundation for future careers in early care and education. The Teacher Certificate of Achievement may be earned by students who satisfactorily complete 24 units of coursework listed below with a grade of “C” or better. Successful completion of the coursework and work experience meets the requirements of the Child Development Teacher Permit as outlined in the Child Development Matrix. (This link goes to the Taft College Catalog, an external website.) See the Child Development Permit Matrix for Alternative Qualifications. [IMAGE Folder: Permit Matrix 9-07 SD (1) ]
Teacher Certificate of Achievement course requirements link. Please note: This link and all links for courses, below, go to the Taft College Catalog, an external website. Plan to return to the Taft College website.
|Course Number||Course Name||Credit Hours|
|PSYC 2003||Child Growth and Development||3.0|
|ECEF 1500||Introduction to Early Care and Education: Principles and Practices||3.0|
|ECEF 1501||Early Care, Education, and Family Studies Curriculum||3.0|
|ECEF 1521||Practicum Field Experience||3.0|
|ECEF 1531||The Child in Family/Community Relationships||3.0|
|ECEF 1571||Child Study and Assessment||3.0|
|ECEF 1590||Health, Safety, and Nutrition||3.0|
|ECEF 1601||Diversity in Early Care, Education and Family Studies||3.0|
|Total Credit Hours: 24|
To receive a Teacher Permit from the California Commission on Teacher Credentialing a student must complete 175 days of 3+ hours of experience per day within four years. Students must also successfully complete 16 general education units.
For More Information
- Child Development Associate Teacher: Certificate of Achievement
- Child Development Assistant Teacher: Certificate
- Early Childhood Education: Degree for Transfer
- Early Care, Education, and Family Studies: Associate in Science Degree
- Early Care, Education, and Family Studies: Certificate of Achievement
- Early Intervention Assistant I: Certificate of Achievement
- Early Intervention Assistant II: Certificate of Achievement
- Elementary Teacher Education: Degree for Transfer
- Master Teacher: Certificate of Achievement
- Teacher: Certificate of Achievement
- Visit Meta Majors: Match your interests and career choice to the best academic program.
All links below go to external webpages on the Taft College Catalog website.