Early Care, Education, and Family Studies Certificate of Achievement
The Early Care, Education, and Family Studies Certificate of Achievement may be earned by students who satisfactorily complete the coursework listed below with a grade of “C” or better. It will be beneficial to anyone who has children in their lives, personally and professionally.
This Certificate of Achievement is part of the Early Care, Education, and Family Studies Program curriculum designed to provide individuals with the foundation into understanding early care, education, and family relations. The curriculum, with degree and certificate options, is for preparation of individuals to enter into a variety of disciplines and foundation into understanding early care, education, and family relations.
Additional education, early care, teacher, and other related options are provided in the For more information section below.
Early Care, Education, and Family Studies Certificate of Achievement course requirements link. Please note: This link and all links for courses, below, go to the Taft College Catalog, an external website. Plan to return to the Taft College website.
|Course Number||Course Name||Credit Hours|
|PSYC 2003||Child Growth and Development||3.0|
|ECEF 1500||Introduction to Early Care and Education: Principles and Practices||3.0|
|ECEF 1501||Early Care, Education, and Family Studies Curriculum||3.0|
|ECEF 1521||Practicum Field Experience||3.0|
|ECEF 1531||The Child in Family/Community Relationships||3.0|
|ECEF 1571||Child Study Assessment||3.0|
|ECEF 1581||Introduction to Infant Development Infant, Family, and Society||3.0|
|ECEF 1590||Health, Safety, and Nutrition||3.0|
|ECEF 1601||Diversity in Early Care, Education and Family Studies||3.0|
|ECEF 1611||Introduction to Children With Special Needs Birth to Age Eight||3.0|
|Total Credit Hours: 30.00|
For More Information
- Child Development Associate Teacher: Certificate of Achievement
- Child Development Assistant Teacher: Certificate (Locally Approved Certificate)
- Early Childhood Education for Transfer: Associate in Arts
- Early Care, Education, and Family Studies: Associate in Science
- Early Care, Education, and Family Studies: Certificate of Achievement
- Early Intervention Assistant I: Certificate of Achievement
- Early Intervention Assistant II: Certificate of Achievement
- Elementary Teacher Education for Transfer: Associate in Arts
- Master Teacher: Certificate of Achievement
- Teacher: Certificate of Achievement
- Visit Meta Majors: Match your interests and career choice to the best academic program.
All links below go to external webpages on the Taft College Catalog website.