Welding Assistant/Helper: Certificate (Locally Approved Certificate)
The Welding Assistant/Helper Certificate Program provides an introduction to welding processes and career readiness in industrial technology. It is stand-alone training as a Certificate and also a step toward additional certifications and an Associate in Science in Welding Technology degree. Course requirements for this Certificate are listed below.
The Welding Technology Program is designed to provide comprehensive occupational training in common types of welding methods as related to today’s welding industries. This Program provides students with manipulative skills and technical knowledge required to perform in a variety of entry to mid-level welding careers in manufacturing, petroleum, fabrication, and others. The courses and training prepare students to take the necessary code tests required in several occupational fields for employment. The Welding Technology Program offers five certificate options in addition to an associate in science degree.
See the salary levels for all types of welding on the Welding Technology Degree page. The salary ranges offered in the Kern County, California, region rank at the top compared to median welding salaries in the U.S. Link here for your Earnings Potential.
Welding Assistant/Helper: Certificate (Locally Approved Certificate) course requirements link. Please note: This link and all links for courses, below, go to the Taft College Catalog, an external website. Plan to return to the Taft College website.
For More Information
- Academic Division: Career Technical Education (CTE)
- Gas Tungsten Arc Welding: Certificate
- Gas Metal Arc and Flux Core Arc Welding: Certificate
- Pipe Code Welding: Certificate of Achievement
- Structural Code Welding: Certificate of Achievement
- Welding Technology: Associate in Science
- Welding Assistant/Helper: Certificate
- Visit Meta Majors: Match your interests and career choice to the best academic program.