Advanced Information Technology and Management Certificate (Locally Approved Certificate)
The Advanced Information Technology and Management: Certificate (Locally Approved Certificate) Program provides individuals with foundation educational training and skills in principles, operation, and procedures on a variety of technological tools. The Program will prepare students to identify, design, or create systems to support technology and information needs of an organization.
Career options include computer network support specialists, with a median annual wage of $62,760, and computer user support specialists with a median annual wage of $49,770 according to the U.S, Bureau of Labor Statistics (BLS). Network support specialists typically need an associate’s degree, and user support specialists typically need to complete some college courses; however, candidates may qualify with a high school diploma plus relevant information technology (IT) certifications.1
1 “Occupational Outlook Handbook.” U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics. 8 Sept. 2022. www.bls.gov/ooh. Accessed 25 July 2023.
Advanced Information and Technology Management: Certificate (Locally Approved Certificate) course requirements link. Please note: This link and all links for courses, below, go to the Taft College Catalog, an external website. Plan to return to the Taft College website.
BUSN 1051: This course is currently offered at 4 units
COSC 1603, COSC 1703, COSC 1812, COSC 1902: Note: Previous versions of required computer courses taken within four (4) years of certificate completion will be accepted.
Program Learning Outcomes
Students will be able to:
- Manage business information using a variety of technological tools.
- Identify, design, and create information systems using current information processing tools.
- Act in a global environment using a variety of technology to manage information needs of an organization.
For More Information
- Academic Division: Business, Arts, and Humanities
- Administrative Services: Associate in Science Degree
- Administrative Services: Certificate of Achievement
- Administrative Services I: Certificate
- Administrative Services II: Certificate of Achievement
- Advanced Information Technology and Management: Certificate
- Business Administration: Associate in Arts Degree
- Business Administration: Degree for Transfer
- Liberal Arts Emphasis Business and Technology: Associate in Arts Degree
- Management: Certificate of Achievement
- Management: Associate in Science Degree
- Management-Customer Service: Certificate
- Microsoft Office Applications: Certificate
- Visit Meta Majors: Match your interests and career choice to the best academic program.