If you are interested in applying for the TRIO SSS program you must…
- Complete an application by submitting one online or Contact the TRIO office in the Counseling Center for a printed application or call 661-763-7812.
- If you meet eligibility criteria, the TRIO SSS program will contact you to schedule an intake appointment. This appointment usually takes about 1/2 hour and you will meet with our Program Director who will explain all the benefits of becoming a TRIO SSS student and what that entails.
- Once you complete the intake process, you will be accepted into the program and you can start enjoying the benefits of being a TRIO SSS student at Taft College.
- Attend one of our SSS Program Orientations.
To be eligible, you must:
- Be a United States citizen or permanent resident
- Be a first-generation college student. This means that neither of your parents have a bachelor’s degree
- Be income eligible according to the federal income guidelines
- Be enrolled in a Certificate or Associates level program and have the goal of transferring to a university to obtain a bachelor’s degree