HBCU Transfer Agreement Program
Guaranteed HBCU Admission for any California Community College student with:
An Associate Degree Awarded by a California Community College with a minimum cumulative grade point average (GPA) of 2.5 or higher, that meets any one of the following requirements:
a. The degree includes the completion and certification of the lower division Intersegmental General Education Transfer Curriculum (IGETC) used by California Community College students to prepare to transfer to the University of California and California State University systems; or,
b. The degree includes the completion and certification of the lower division California State University General Education Breadth pattern; or,
c. The degree is an Associate in Arts for Transfer (AA-T) degree or an Associate in Science for Transfer (AS-T) degree. These degree are designed to provide a clear pathway to a CSU major and baccalaureate degree.
A minimum 30 transferrable semester units with a minimum cumulative grade point average of 2.5 or higher.
Other Benefits Include: Priority Housing Consideration, Possible Scholarship, Junior Standing with Associate Degree, Focused Counseling , and more!
Current HBCU Partners include:
- Bennett College, Greensboro, NC.
- Bethune-Cookman University, Daytona Beach, FL.
- Central State University, Wilberforce, OH.
- Clark Atlanta University, Atlanta, GA.
- Dillard University , New Orleans, LA.
- Edward-Waters College, Jacksonville, FL.
- Fisk University, Nashville, TN.
- Florida Memorial University, Miami Gardens, FL.
- Grambling State University, Grambling, LA.
- Huston-Tillotson University, Austin, TX.
- Kentucky State Univeristy, Frankfort, KY.
- Lane College, Jackson, TN.
- Lincoln University of Missouri, Jefferson City, MO.
- Lincoln University of Pennsylvania, Lincoln University, PA.
- Philander Smith College, Little Rock, AR.
- Stillman College, Tuscaloosa, AL.
- Talladega College, Talladega, AL.
- Tougaloo College, Jackson, MS.
- Tuskegee University, Tuskegee, AL.
- West Virginia State University, Institute, WV.
- Wiley College, Marshall, TX.
If you are interested in transferring to a HBU, please contact the Counseling Center at (661)763-7748 to schedule an appointment with your Counselor.