Program Applications

Taft College  >  Faculty & Staff   >   Office of Instruction  >  Curriculum  >  Program Applications

Curriculum books possibly about curriculum but its impossible to tell really


Transfer Degrees (AA-T or AS-T)

Student Transfer Achievement Reform Act (Senate Bill 1440, now coded in California Education Code sections 66746-66749) guarantees admission to a California State University (CSU) campus for any community college student who completes an “associate degree for transfer” a newly established variation of the associate degrees traditionally offered at a California community college. Associate in Arts for Transfer (AA-T) of the Associate in Science for Transfer (AS-T) is intended for students who plan to complete a bachelor’s degree in a similar major at a CSU campus. Students completing these degrees (AA-T or AS-T) are guaranteed admission to the CSU system. Transfer degree templates can be found at the here: TMC Templates

Required Forms to develop a new AA-T/AS-T:

**To make revisions to a currently approved AS-T/AA-T, please contact

Traditional AA/AS Degrees

The key regulatory sections regarding associate degree requirements are found in Title 5, division 6, Chapter 6, Subchapter 1, Article 6, sections 55060–55064, which describe the criteria and minimum requirements.The Chancellor’s Office supports the ASCCC Resolution 9.06, Spring 2008, in which the associate degrees are classified as follows:
1.   Associate of Science (A.S.) are strongly recommended for any Science, Technology, Engineering, or Mathematics (STEM) field and CTE programs.
2.   Associate of Arts (A.A.) are strongly recommended for all other disciplines

Required forms to develop a new AA/AS:

**To make revisions to a currently approved AA/AS degrees, please contact or


Taft College offers two types of certificates: Certificates of Achievement and Local Certificates. Title 5, section 55070, defines Certificate of Achievement as any credit certificate that may appear by name on a student transcript, diploma, or completion award and which requires 12 or more semester units of degree-applicable coursework. Chancellor’s Office approval is required. Local certificates are not Chancellor’s Office approved and are not posted on transcripts.

Required forms to develop a new certificate:

**To make revisions to a currently approved certificate, please contact