ASO Forms

Taft College  >  Campus Life   >  Clubs  >  ASO Forms




  • ASO New Club Petition is used to begin a club on campus.  Students requesting to begin a club must complete the petition and collect twenty-five signatures from Taft College students, faculty, and/or staff.


  • ASO Grant Request should be completed by any Taft College, sanctioned club in need of additional funding for conferences, projects, etc.  Grant requests will be approved by the ASO Executive Board.  The total amount of the grant shall not exceed $1000 (one thousand dollars).


  • ASO Check Reqeust should be completed by the club treasurer to cover club costs and/or fees paid by the advisor or a student member.  Check request must be signed by the club advisor and a student member before turning it in to the Student Life Office (G11).  Receipts and supporting documents must be turned in with the check request in order for the reimbursement to be approved.  Check request are turned into the Dean of Student Success and the Vice President of Student Services every Thursday. (note: completed check request and receipts can also be emailed to


  • ASO Executive Board and Student Trustee Application can be completed by any student interested in running for an ASO executive board position or the student trustee.  To be eligible for an ASO board position, the student must hold a cumulative 2.0 GPA and must have completed at least one semester at Taft College.   In order to be eligible for the student trustee position, the student must be in good standing with the college and must be a California Resident at the time of running.  Both positions require a minimum enrollment of 5 units. Applications are due in April and should be turned into the Student Life Office or emailed to


  • Sample Club Constitution Template can be used to assist new clubs with creating a constitution.  All clubs need a constitution in order to be considered a sanctioned club.


Information for Club Field Trips

In order for clubs to host field trips, the club advisor must complete and submit an Absence Request and a field trip packet to the Vice President of Student Service at least one month prior to the trip.  Click on the link below to learn about the travel policy.

Employee and Student Travel Policy

Absence Request