Taft College offers you an opportunity to be a part of an organization that truly believes in its mission of promoting student success. Student Success starts with a team of dedicated professionals with a common focus–the student. We strive to provide a culturally diverse environment that focuses on both individual development and team growth.
Taft College is proud to partner with SISC to meet the health care needs of our employees and their families. Our PPO plans are best in class, all offering low deductibles, copay’s and 100% coverage. We also offer a flexible spending account to help defray any out of pocket costs and partner with AFLAC for low cost supplemental insurance options.
- Flexible Spending Account – SISC Flex Plan Enrollment Guide 2018
- District Paid Life Insurance – The Standard Policy effective 7-1-2012 Certificate ctadp (9.2016)
- Health – SISC Anthem Blue Cross – https://www13.anthem.com/cp/web/sisc/
- Dental – Delta Dental – https://www.deltadentalins.com/index.html
- Vision – VSP – https://www.vsp.com/
Taft College college employees currently enjoy a generous longevity program. Management and Classified staff recieve a five percent (5%) longevity increase after 15 years of service. Faculty receive a one percent (1%) increase for 16-20 years of service, two percent (2%) for 21-25 years of service and six percent (6%) for 26 plus years of service.
There are currently 16 paid holidays on the 2018-19 Academic Calendar, which includes an entire week during the Winter Break. You can see the calendar in its entirety here.
Employees are encouraged to further their education while working at Taft College. Management and classified staff can earn up to a maximum of $2,000 per year in salary credit for units completed. Faculty can also advance on the salary schedule for units completed for approved salary credit.
An Enrollment Fee Reimbursement Program is also available for courses taken at Taft College.
Doctoral Stipend – Management and Faculty staff can receive an annual stipend of $3,679.2 for receiving their Doctoral Degree.
Taft College employees have the option to become members of CalPERS or CalSTRS depending upon their assignment.
CalPERS at a Glance:
- Service credit is the time you accrue while on the job under a CalPERS-covered employer.
- The minimum retirement age for service retirement for most members is 50 years with five years of service credit.
- The more service credit you have, the higher your retirement benefits will be.
- There are three basic types of retirement: service, disability, and industrial disability.
- Your retirement benefits are based on a formula – not what you contribute into the system.
CalSTRS at a Glance:
- Retirement Formula: service credit x age factor x final compensation
- CalSTRS administers a hybrid retirement system consisting of a traditional defined benefit plan (Defined BenefitProgram), cash balance plans (Defined Benefit Supplement Program and Cash Balance Benefit Program)and a voluntary defined contribution plan (CalSTRS Pension2®) for California’s public school educators prekindergarten to community college.
- Also provides disability and survivor benefits.
- CalSTRS is governed by the Teachers’ Retirement Law, part of the California Education Code.