CLEP (College Level Examination Program) exams are administered by appointment only. Please call Taft College Testing Center at phone number 661-763-7783 to schedule an appointment.
What is CLEP?
CLEP (the College-Level Examination Program®) offers 33 exams that cover intro-level college course material. With a passing score on one CLEP exam, you could earn three or more college credits at more than 2,900 U.S. colleges and universities.
CLEP was created to help individuals with prior knowledge in a college course subject earn their degree efficiently and inexpensively. That prior learning could have taken place through advanced high school courses, independent reading and study, online courseware or textbooks, noncredit courses, or on-the-job training.
Step 1: Know CLEP Credit Policy
Find the CLEP credit policy for your college/university and decide which exams to take.
Step 2: Register with College Board
- Register with College Board
- Sign in to your account (or create an account)
- Test Registration and Fee Payment is under “My CLEP Account”
- Fee to register is $87.00
- CLEP testing is free for eligible military service members, spouses, and civilian employees. See College Board’s “DANTES Eligibility Chart” for eligibility details
- Print or Save the ticket information and bring with you on the day of the exam
- Registration is valid for six months
Step 3: Schedule an appointment
- Call Taft College Testing Center to schedule an appointment
- There will be a $20 proctoring fee due on the day of the test
- Fee is non-refundable.
**To view sample questions and to purchase study materials please click here. For more information on Modern State’s Freshman Year for Free Program click here.
For more information please call (661) 763-7783, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org, or visit the College Board CLEP website.