Get to Know your Support Team
It’s a great idea to reach out when you need help, and there are many ways to get it!
- Your Teacher – for course-related questions, add codes, etc.
If you have previously taken a course with a particular instructor, you can contact them through Canvas.
To email an instructor, use the formula: First initial + Last name+ @taftcollege.edu (all lower-case).
Example: Nicole Avina (DE Help Desk) = firstname.lastname@example.org
Check the Faculty Directory
2. Distance Education Help Desk – for any help with your online courses.
Call (661) 763-7917
3. Canvas Support – for any canvas questions.
Visit the Canvas Community Guides!
4. The Counseling Office – for registration/counseling questions.
Call (661) 763-7748
5. The Library – for research resource help.
Call (661) 763-7707 or 763-7953
Visit the Library‘s Articles, Books and Databases.
6. Net Tutor – for help with assignments/courses.
Access NetTutor and other LTIs (Learning Tool Integrations) right from your Canvas account!
7. Financial Aid – for Financial Aid questions.
Call (661) 763-7762
8. Admissions – for help getting started/ other questions.
Call (661) 763-7741