ARTICLE I: NAME AND PURPOSE
Section A: Name – The name of this club shall be SPECTRUM
Section B: Purpose – The purpose of this club shall be:
- To give the school a sense of inclusiveness and provide LGBTQIA students a safe environment.
- To raise awareness and educate other student’s about LGBTQIA rights.
- To facilitate activism within the school and reach out to the Taft community.
- To promote youth leadership, diversity, and tolerance on campus.
Section C: Mission statement – To advocate and represent Sexuality, Pride, Equality, Community, Tolerance, Respect, Unity and Mindfulness (SPECTRUM)
ARTICLE II: MEMBERSHIP AND DUES
Section A: Eligibility
- Membership shall be open any student currently enrolled or alumni.
- Any member of the Community can volunteer at events without being part of the club.
ARTICLE III: OFFICERS
Section A: Officers – The officers shall be: President, Vice President (or co-presidents), Secretary, and Treasurer.
Section B: Eligibility – Officers must be taking at least one unit at Taft College each semester to be eligible. Alumni may be part of the club without being able to have an officer position.
Section C: Election – officers shall be elected by ballot at the beginning of every fall semester by a majority of the vote cast for that office.
Section D: Term: – The officers shall serve for one year and their term of office shall begin at the commencement of the fall semester.
Section E: Vacancy – if a vacancy occurs in the office of president, the vice-president shall assume the office for the remainder of that term; any other vacancies shall be filled by an election within the club.
ARTICLE IV: DUTIES OF OFFICERS
Section A: President – it shall be the duty of the president to:
- Preside at meetings.
- Vote only in case of a tie.
- Represent the club.
- Provide leadership and initiative for all events and activities.
Section B: Vice-President – it shall be the duties of the Vice-President to:
- Provide leadership in the absence of president.
- Provide leadership as delegated by the president.
Section C: Secretary – it shall be the duty of the secretary to:
- Keep a file of the club’s records, flyers and event calendar.
- Communicate with the president and vice-president about meetings and provide general correspondence for the club.
- Maintain contact with Associated Student Body office.
Section D: Treasurer – it shall be the duty of the Treasurer to:
- Manage and receive all funds and make reports as directed.
- Keep an updated record of all receipts and expenses.
ARTICLE V: MEETINGS
Section A: Meetings – Regular bi-monthly meetings shall be held every Thursday during the school year.
Section B: Special Meeting – Special meetings may be called by the president with the approval of the committee. Such meetings might be necessary before any events or outreach.
Section C: Quorum – A quorum of three members, including at least one officer, shall be necessary to conduct business.
ARTICLE VI: ADVISOR
Section A: Selection – there shall be an advisor who is an employee of Taft College.
Section B: Duties – the responsibilities of the Advisor shall be:
- Oversee activities and events sponsored by the student club.
- Meet with the officers and other club members to discuss meetings, goals, and future plans for the club.
- Maintain contact with Associated Student Organization office.
- Supervise finances of the club, making sure all expenses are accounted for and documented.
- Insure that all funds collected through fundraising events are properly accounted for and deposited into the clubs account.
ARTICLE VII: AMENDMENTS
The constitution shall be consented by a majority vote of the affiliates attending a meeting.