Emergency Financial Assistance to Low-Income Community College Students
Senate Bill 85 amends the Budget Act of 2020 by adding one-time local assistance funds which provide funding for students experiencing an emergency financial need.
- Be enrolled in at least 6 units
- Demonstrate an emergency financial need
- Have unmet need (determined by the financial aid office)
- Have been awarded a California College Promise Grant for either the 2020-2021 or 2021-2022 aid year
- Have earned a 2.0 in one of the previous three semesters (students receiving additional support through the DSPS program do not need to meet this requirement)