Returning & Transfer Students
Taft College > Admissions > Counseling > Returning & Transfer Students
Returning & Transfer Students
Welcome back to Taft College!
We look forward to helping you reach your academic and career goals. Whether you plan to register for one course or a full load, your success as a student is our primary concern.
Please refer to the following sections and resources for information on a variety of topics.
Should I complete a Taft College Application for Admission?
- Yes! Returning students and transfer students are required to complete a new application if you did not attend the prior semester (fall or spring).
When is my Registration Date?
Registration date and time information for each term are assigned on or around the dates below.
- Spring: October/November
- Summer and Fall: March/April
- You will be notified of your registration date on your Cougar Tracks account and/or via email from the Admissions Office.
- In Cougar Tracks, click on Student > Registration > Registration Status
- On this date and time, or after, you may enroll in and pay for classes on Cougar Tracks
- See Fees and Refund Policy for additional information
Registration Information is available each semester including:
- Class Schedule
- Payment Deadlines
- Add/Drop Deadlines
- Priority Registration
- Waitlist Information
- Prerequisite Clearance Request
- DegreeWorks-monitor your academic progress online!
Education Planning and Counseling
You’re encouraged to create an education plan with a counselor.
Enrollment priority is determined by many factors, but completing assessment, orientation, and your education plan will boost your enrollment date.
- Call the Counseling Center at 661-763-7748 to schedule an appointment!
- Meet with a counselor to discuss your educational goals and coursework.
- Prior Transcripts and/or AP Scores: If applicable, be sure to bring all prior transcripts and/or test scores and receive an unofficial evaluation of prior coursework from other institutions if you intend to use it at TC.
- If you need to be cleared for a prerequisite course based upon prior credit earned, you can submit your request electronically via our Prerequisite Clearance process.
Transfer & Career Information
Start preparing for the next step in your educational journey.
- Good resources-search for majors/schools/careers
- ASSIST-Explore Majors & Articulation Info w/ CSU and UC campuses
- EUREKA– Powerful self-assessments and comprehensive career information to enhance your career decision-making progress
(Create an account: Site = Taft College, Site ID = WLBSUDW)
- CALIFORNIA CAREERS-Career One Stop-Shop
- COLLEGE BOARD—BIG FUTURE
- OCCUPATIONAL OUTLOOK HANDBOOK-Browse occupations, learn how to get the job you want and love!
- O*NET-Your tool for career exploration, detailed job descriptions, associated skills, and the world of work!
- GET MY FUTURE-A career one stop for all your career-related information getmyfuture.org
- MY MAJORS-It can be tough to select a major. Take the College Major Assessment, and find your best-fit majors!
- MY NEXT MOVE-What do you want to do for a living? Explore career options!
- WHO DO U WANT 2B?-Explore California community colleges, career options, and financial assistance
Below you will find links to our resources to help you on your path.