We are happy you are continuing with us at TC!
Please refer to the following sections and resources for information on a variety of topics.
Should I complete a Taft College Application for Admission?
- Continuing students are not required to complete a new application for admission.
When is my Registration Date?
- Spring: October/November
- Summer and Fall: March/April
- You will be notified of your registration date on your Cougar Tracks account and/or via email from the Admissions Office.
- In Cougar Tracks, click on Student > Registration > Registration Status
- On this date and time, or after, you may enroll in and pay for classes on Cougar Tracks
- See Fees and Refund Policy for additional information
Registration Information is available each semester including:
- Class Schedule
- Payment Deadlines
- Add/Drop Deadlines
- Priority Registration
- Waitlist Information
- Prerequisite Clearance Request
- DegreeWorks-monitor your academic progress online!
Education Planning and Counseling
Enrollment priority is determined by many factors, but completing assessment, orientation, and your education plan will boost your enrollment date.
- Call the Counseling Center at 661-763-7748 to schedule an appointment!
- Meet with a counselor to discuss your educational goals and coursework.
- Prior Transcripts and/or AP Scores: If applicable, be sure to bring all prior transcripts and/or test scores and receive an unofficial evaluation of prior coursework from other institutions if you intend to use it at TC.
Transfer & Career Information
- Good resources-search for majors/schools/careers
- ASSIST-Explore Majors & Articulation Info w/ CSU and UC campuses
- EUREKA– Powerful self-assessments and comprehensive career information to enhance your career decision-making progress(Create an account: Site = Taft College, Site ID = WLBSUDW)
- CALIFORNIA CAREERS-Career One Stop-Shop
- COLLEGE BOARD—BIG FUTURE
- OCCUPATIONAL OUTLOOK HANDBOOK-Browse occupations, learn how to get the job you want and love!
- O*NET-Your tool for career exploration, detailed job descriptions, associated skills, and the world of work!
- GET MY FUTURE-A career one stop for all your career-related information getmyfuture.org
- MY MAJORS-It can be tough to select a major. Take the College Major Assessment, and find your best-fit majors!
- MY NEXT MOVE-What do you want to do for a living? Explore career options!
- WHO DO U WANT 2B?-Explore California community colleges, career options, and financial assistance