(Extended Opportunity Programs and Services)
MISSION STATEMENT: EOPS (Extended Opportunity Programs and Services) offers “over and above” support services to students with social, economic, and educational challenges with the goal of increasing access, retention, and transfer.
A state-funded program at Taft College that provides educational support services to eligible students who have historically experienced economic and educational disadvantages. EOPS assists eligible students in obtaining their educational goals by providing additional support through counseling, tutoring, book service, assistance in transferring to a four-year university, and other services. Note: Not all services are available every semester as they are contingent upon state funding and are subject to change with or without notice.
To contact the EOPS Office, please call (661) 763-7723
ACADEMIC SERVICES PROVIDED:
• Academic, Career, Personal and Transfer Counseling
• ASB fees
• Book Service Each Semester
• Cal State and UC Application Waivers
• Graduation Regalia
• Long Term Educational Planning
• Peer Advisor Support
• PTK membership fees
• Priority Registration
• Scholarship and Grant Opportunities
• Specialized Tutoring
Three Steps to Apply for EOPS
1. Apply for admissions to Taft College and receive approval for the “Fee Waiver” (Board of Governors (BOG) Enrollment Fee Waiver Application).
2. Complete Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA)
3. Complete an EOPS application either on-line or pick up in the EOPS office.