Cooperative Agencies Resources for Education (CARE)
MISSION STATEMENT: CARE (Cooperative Agencies Resources for Education) is a program for EOPS qualified students that provides additional support to single
parents receiving TANF/CalWORKs (cash aid) to help them overcome obstacles and expand their educational opportunities.
Cooperative Agencies Resources for Education at Taft College welcomes you to an environment of growth and empowerment.
CARE began as a special project in 1980 within the EOPS Program. The objective is to assist single parents receiving TANF/CalWORKs (cash aid) to go to college and obtain
the skills necessary to gain meaningful employment.
To be eligible, participants must be EOPS qualified single parent students who are receiving TANF/CalWORKS benefits for themselves and/or their children (with a least one
child under the age of 14).
Note: Not all services are available every semester as they are contingent upon state funding and are subject to change with or without notice.
ACADEMIC SERVICES PROVIDED:
• Academic, career, personal, and transfer counseling
• Cal State and UC Application Fee Waivers
• CARE Conference Attendance
• Student Educational Planning (SEP)
• Laptop computers on-loan
• Long term educational planning
• Priority Registration
• Book Service Each Semester
• CARE Meal Plan
• Book Bags and School Supplies
• Child Care Grants to cover out of pocket child care costs
• Gas Cards