Am I Eligible?
Different types of aid (private scholarships, state grants, etc.) have different rules, eligibility criteria, to determine who receives the aid.
U.S. Citizens and Eligible Non-Citizens
Students must meet the following requirements in order to be eligible for federal aid:
- Have a high school diploma, GED or CHSPE
- Be a U.S. Citizen or an eligible non-citizen
- Enroll in a program leading to a degree, certificate or transfer
- Not be in default on any student loan nor owe a repayment on any Title IV aid at any institution
- Must be registered with Selective Service (The Draft) if you are male at least 18 years old, born after December 1959; unless you meet certain specified exceptions
- Maintain Satisfactory Academic Progress (SAP)