Coronavirus-COVID-19 Update March 17, 2020
Attention Students: We are moving our course offerings to an online format whenever feasible. Please stay in contact with the faculty member of the course. There are online services available if you need any help. See the information below.
Online Student Services Guide
Students can access student service online. Click here to download the Online Student Services Guide, or click Continue Reading to read the guide online.
Student Services Emergency Operations Plan
The delivery of student services to our students, faculty and staff is always a priority, and we will continue serving students while observing precautionary practice to prevent the spread of the corona virus (COVID-19). The California Department of Public Health issued guidelines to assist institutions of Higher Education. Please click on the link below for more detailed information on how to protect yourself from COVID-19.
- To protect yourself from the spread of Corona Virus (COVID-19), please continue to follow the helpful tips below:
- Remain calm.
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds. If soap and water are not available, use an alcohol-based sanitizer.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth with unwashed hands.
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick.
- Stay at home when you are sick.
- Cover your cough or sneeze with a tissue, then throw the tissue in the trash.
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces.
- Student Services will continue to provide online services to students. You will receive mass communication via text and email messages for updates.
Online Admissions and Registration & Records
- You can fill out and electronically send verification forms. You can request Official Transcripts online.
- You can request online for a CSU GE Certification or an IGETC certification.
- If you are a veteran, you can email any paperwork to the Records Office.
- You can complete fillable forms on the web for all petitions, such as Academic Renewal, Repeat, Withdraw, etc.
- All transcripts coming from other institutions sent electronically are preferred. Records staff will evaluate paper transcripts received by mail. However, if the campus closes, the paper transcripts will be evaluated and posted when campus reopens.
- You can email graduation applications through email address provided on the graduation application form.
Counseling, DSPS, EOPS/CalWorks/Care, and TRIO Services
- Please call or email for an appointment at your convenience.
Online Financial Aid Services
- Financial Aid services are mostly online. (Applications, Campus Logic, BankMobile)
- Federal law includes provision allowing an institution to make FWS payments under certain limited circumstances to disaster-affected students who are unable to continue working.
Dorm Emergency Services
- Ash Dorms & Cougar Dorms are provided wipes and Lysol disinfectant. Door knobs are cleaned and logged on a daily basis.
- Help Tips Flyers are distributed to the dorms.
- Available units will be designated as temporary infirmary room for students who are sick.
- Dorm residents will be given the option to go home if they are sick.
- Dorm students may stay or go home and access student services and instructional services online.
Campus Safety & Security Preventive Measures
Except in the most extreme cases, Campus Safety operations require personnel to be present on campus. With that in mind, Campus Safety & Security measures will include the following:
- Doors with electronic locks will remain locked at all times (including restrooms) in order to limit entrance to authorized persons.
- Requests for exceptions will be reviewed on a case-by-case basis.
- Messages will be sent to employees reminding them to keep their badges with them at all times.
- Campus Safety & Security personnel will remain on duty for their scheduled shifts and be vigilant for those who may try to take advantage of a campus with a reduced population.
- Maintenance personnel will be encouraged to not leave custodial closets unlocked and unattended to reduce the chance of theft of disinfecting supplies and bathroom tissue.
- To foster partnership and awareness, any changes in the day-to-day operations of the Campus will be communicated to Taft Police Department authorities. This will assist officers in knowing what to expect when patrolling around the campus.
Testing Center Office Hours
Mon-Fri, 8:00a.m. – 4:00p.m.
Closed for Lunch 12:00noon-1:00p.m.