To log in to Taft College\'s wireless network, enter your A Number for the User ID and your Password is your first initial capitalized followed by your last name initial and the last 6 numbers of your A Number.
Example: Student Tom Jones with an A Number of A0002005 would use A0002005 for the User ID and Tj002005 for Password.
Do I Need to Take the English/Math Assessment Test?
Testing & Placement Schedule
The following steps will help you complete the on campus Orientation and Placement Process:
1. Complete the online Taft College application.
2. Obtain your Taft College “A” number. You will need your “A” number to take a placement or academic exam.
3. Call the Taft College Testing Center at 661‐763‐7783 to schedule a date and time to test. Space is limited.
4. Practice visit either website to prepare for exam: http://wcb.neit.edu/asc/prctctst.htm or http://www.huntington.edu/math/accuplacer/contents.htm
5. A photo ID and A number are required to take the placement exam. Please bring a valid picture ID.
6. After completing Orientation and Placement testing, call the Counseling Center to schedule a counseling/advising appointment 661‐763‐7748.
The following categories of students are exempt from participation in orientation, placement, advising, and follow‐up components of the matriculation program.
A. Students who have completed 60 or more units or who have graduated from an accredited U.S. college or university with an associate degree or higher.
B. Students who plan to enroll in five units or fewer and who have declared one of the following goals:
• Advance in current career/job
• Maintain certificates/license
• Personal/educational development
• Complete credits for high school diploma
C. Students who are enrolled full time at another institution (high school or college) and will be taking five units or fewer (Excluding English and Math courses).
D. Students who have previously been assessed (within the last two years) and have written verification of scores from an assessment instrument off the Chancellor’s approved list of instruments. (Exempt from placement testing only).
E. Students transferring from another regionally accredited post-secondary institution with credit for degree‐level English and/or mathematics. (Exempt from placement testing only).
The college will make reasonable efforts to ensure that all exempt students are provided the opportunity to participate in the various components of matriculation. Exempt students are not required to participate in the matriculation process but are encouraged to see a counselor at any time.