Ordering Official Transcripts
Taft College has partnered with Parchment Transcript Services to accept transcript orders via the internet through a secured site. Taft College has also appointed Parchment Transcript Services as the designated agent for processing and sending official transcripts, including electronic EDI transcripts, and PDF transcripts; which are produced using this service. The PDF transcript can be certified as unaltered by uploading the file to the company’s website that is provided during the delivery process. Parchment Transcript Services has been granted the authority to deliver all such transcript requests on behalf of Taft College and to respond to any inquiries regarding these transactions.
Ordering Official Transcripts has several types of services and costs:
- Regular Service: All regular orders placed and authorized will be processed within 5-7 business days. Transcripts will not be processed on weekends or holidays.
- Rush Service (transcript only): Rush orders placed and authorized by 10:00am will be processed within 2 business days.
- Rush Service (with attachment, CSU GE or UC IGETC): Rush orders placed and authorized will be processed within 4 business days.
Note: Some educational institutions require the official transcript to be sent directly to them. Please verify all information from the recipient before ordering.
- REGULAR SERVICE: The first two copies (lifetime) are FREE and will be deducted at the end of the order if eligible. Additional copies are $6.75 per copy thereafter.
- RUSH SERVICE: Is $8 in ADDITION to the REGULAR SERVICE FEE per copy (Total may vary).
- RUSH SERVICE with FedEx MAILING: Is $8 RUSH SERVICE FEE plus the cost for the FedEx MAILING FEE in ADDITION to the REGULAR SERVICE FEE per copy (Total may vary).
- Additional charges for Operator-Entered orders through Parchment Transcript Services in addition to the aforementioned College fees.
If you are paying with a check or money order, it will need to be made out to Taft College.
There are 2 ways to order an official transcript from Taft College:
Option 1: Internet Request for all students who attended Taft College or WESTEC/Taft College beginning Summer 1990
Click here CougarTracks (link is also located in the upper right hand area of our Taft College web page header.)
- Enter your Taft College Student ID or SSN (no spaces or dashes) and password (If you have forgotten your password, click the “forgot pin” option and answer your security question if you have set up your account previously.)
- Click on “Student” on the left menu
- Click on “Student Records” on the left menu
- Click on “Order Official Transcript” last link on the left menu (For unofficial – click on “Academic Transcript” and then click the “submit button” to review your academic records.)
- When ready, click on “Begin order” button to place your request for your official transcripts (If this page does not open, you may need to use a different browser or change your pop-up settings.)
Option 2: Internet Request for all students who only attended Taft College or WESTEC/Taft College prior to Summer 1990 or a Third party who has a signed authorization form filed with the requester (dated within 60 days) giving them permission to submit the order on their behalf.
Click here Parchment Transcript Services to place the order requesting transcripts through Parchment Transcript Services.
- Provide another option for placing orders online.
- Have a way to process payment with a credit card.
- Facilitate the authorization to release student records, as required by law.
- Provide e-mail or fax communication with the requester while the order is being processed.
- Allow the authorized requester to submit the request anytime day or night.
If you do not have internet or cell phone web data you can have Parchment help facilitate your request. They will provide operator assistance if needed to place your order from 7:00am CST to 7:00pm CST Monday through Thursday and 7:00am CST to 5:00pm CST on Friday, by calling 1-800-646-1858 (THIS NUMBER IS FOR OPERATOR ASSISTANCE TRANSCRIPT ORDERS ONLY and a minimal service fee will be added for this extra service.)
For any questions, please call our Customer Service Department at (888) 662-0874 between the hours of 7:00am CST and 8:00pm CST Monday through Thursday and between 7:00am CST and 6:00pm CST on Fridays. One of our representatives will be happy to assist you.
- Once orders have been placed or processed, neither the delivery option, how, when, where or who (student and/or authorized named person) to pick-up can be changed.
- Transcripts that are mailed USPS First Class will be distributed from either Credentials Inc. that will appear on the status of your order or Taft College (transcripts with some attachments or CSU/IGETC certifications) that does not give mailing updates through the status of your order.
- In accordance with the Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act of 1974, records may not be released to a third party without the written, signed authorization within 60 days of the student.
- Student or authorized named person when order was placed must provide picture I.D. to pick up transcript(s) in person. NOTE: Pick-up transcript orders will be held for a maximum of 30 days from the date processed. If they are not picked up within the 30 days, student will be notified via email that their transcript(s) was destroyed and will not be refunded. A new order and applicable fees will be applied.
- The first two official transcripts a student orders (lifetime) are FREE of charge. Fee will be deducted at the end of the order if eligible.
- We do not process phone, fax or email requests due to student confidentiality.
- IGETC or CSU Certification – It is the responsibility of the student to order a general education certification with the transcript, we do not automatically certify. Once Taft College receives the order, we will verify if the student is eligible to send with the transcript.
- Transcripts will include work In Progress for students enrolled in the current semester.
- There are different possible request options for the hold for grades or hold for degrees at the end of each semester.
- All final grades are available on transcripts approximately 2 weeks following the end of the semester.
- Official transcripts are in a sealed envelope and will remain official if the sealed envelope is not opened. No reissue will be granted if opened.
Unofficial transcript for Prior Summer 1990 coursework: An unofficial copy of a student’s academic record, reflecting only the courses taken prior to Summer 1990, can be requested by filling out in person or print the attached form Unofficial Transcript Request and mailing it in. Please visit or contact the Academic Records Office to see if you still have the free copy available.
This information is subject to change; updates are made as new information is released.